The Best Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookie. The best salted caramel chocolate chip…
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars with a stand or hand mixer until combined and fluffy (about 2 minutes) then add in vanilla extract and eggs, beat until combined, scrape down sides of the bowl with a spatula and pour in caramel and beat until incorporated, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and beat slowly until combined.
- Now with a wooden spoon stir in the chocolate chips. Place dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350, line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Scoop dough with a 1 tablespoon size cookie scoop and scoop onto prepared cooking sheets. Place about 2 inches apart (I get 12 per baking sheet). Flatten the dough balls slightly.
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes, until edges are slightly golden brown (centers will be soft). Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a cookie cooling rack and allow to cool before serving. Repeat until all the dough has been turned into delicious cookies!
This recipe can easily be halved, simply half each of the ingredients – I’ve done this many times – the yield is 3 dozen.
This cookie dough freezes very well. To freeze the cookie dough for use at a later time follow the directions for making the dough and then instead of letting the dough ‘set’ in the refrigerator for an hour put it in a gallon freezer bag and label, then freeze it until you’re ready to bake them, then let the dough thaw in the refrigerator and then bake!